There’s nothing quite as delicious as freshly cooked pizza, especially when it turns out even better than a takeaway. I’m currently munching on my leftovers as I write this.
*Disclaimer – This is a collaborative post although all words and opinions are my own*
Now that our kitchen has finally been sorted out (that’s a whole other story, if you watch my Instagram stories regularly you’ll see the frustration I had.) I couldn’t wait to get stuck in and cook some yummy treats up with my little girls. They love to cook and to help mummy make dinner so they were super excited to make pizza. I think their favourite part is definitely eating the toppings while they add them onto their pizza bases.
I thought I’d share with you my pizza dough recipe that we used. I am genuinely so impressed! I’ve tried to make pizza dough from scratch before and it was too thick and in some parts raw, what I would call a complete disaster. I think using proper flour made the world of difference. We were very kindly gifted Mulino Marino Organic 00 Flour 1kg from Sous Chef who have a huge variety of different ingredients, gifts, cookware and tableware. I felt like a proper chef using this flour, the packaging is so cute and very Italian! It can be used to make pastas, breads and pizza doughs.
Pizza Dough Recipe – makes enough dough for 2 small pizzas and one large
- 2 cups of Tipo 00 flour
- 1 cup of warm water
- Half a teaspoon of fast acting yeast
- A sprinkle of salt (I used a salt grinder that also has pepper, garlic, paprika and mixed herbs)
Method – It’s super simple are you ready for it?
- Add all of the dry ingredients into a bowl
- Add the cup of warm water
- Mix until it forms a dough
- Knead the dough for about 5 minutes
- Leave the dough to rise for about half an hour while you prepare the toppings
- After the dough has risen, knead it again.
- Cut the dough, I gave the girls enough for a small pizza each and made a larger one for myself.
- Add a little flour onto your surface so that the dough doesn’t stick
- Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough, you want it to be quite thin (I didn’t measure it)
Next it’s time to add your chosen toppings! I find it easier to do this once you’ve placed your pizza bases on a baking tray as it becomes more difficult to move once all the toppings are on it. We had a tomato sauce base which had onions, garlic and herbs although I reckon a bbq sauce base would also be delicious. For our toppings we had ham, sweetcorn, grated mozzarella cheese and black olives. My little girls are olive fiends, I had to stop them from eating them all before we cooked our pizzas.
I put the pizzas in the oven on the top shelf for around 15 minutes at 200c and they were so perfect when I took them out. The bottom of the pizza bases from our home made dough was beautifully crisp! Think stone baked crispy, we all very much enjoyed our dinner.
Looking forward to making pizza from scratch again soon, we had lots of fun. I’d love to see some of your tasty home made creations especially if you get the Tipo 00 flour. Tag me on Instagram @threelittlezees
I hope you enjoyed my recipe and get stuck in making lots of pizzas!