I absolutely love cooking at home and trying new recipes. The only bad part about it is the washing up! This is my spin on one of my favourite recipes honey mustard chicken.
*Disclaimer – This post is sponsored by Schwartz. All opinions are my own*
The smokey paprika gives it another dimension of flavour, an almost barbecue taste and my family and I enjoyed eating it. We ate ours with a shredded broccoli salad but it would be great with with a potato, pasta or rice dish too.
1 tablespoon of Schwartz Smoked Paprika
1 tablespoon of honey
1 tablespoon of wholegrain mustard
1 teaspoon of garlic
A sprinkle of salt and pepper
A splash of oil for cooking
You will also need a large bowl to combine all of the ingredients together and a frying pan to cook the chicken.
- Place the chicken thighs into a bowl and add the salt, pepper, smoked paprika, honey, mustard and garlic.
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly to ensure all of the chicken is coated in those lovely flavours.
- Leave the chicken to marinate for 30-45 minutes.
- Heat the pan with a splash of rapeseed oil (or whatever oil you like to cook with) I set mine to gas mark 5 which is 200 degrees or 400 Fahrenheit.
- When the pan is hot enough add the marinated chicken thighs. I cooked mine in 2 batches.
- Cook for a few minutes on each side. The chicken thighs I bought were quite big but thin once they had opened out.
- Cut open the thickest part of the chicken to make sure it has no pink.
- Take all of the chicken out of the pan and let it rest for a few minutes to soak up all of those yummy flavours.
- Cut the chicken into smaller pieces (only if you wish)
- Serve with some sides of your choice. Bon appetite!
Even my children enjoyed the chicken and they can be quite fussy. It was tender and flavourful. You can get Schwartz Smoked Paprika for £1.60 from Tesco. I like to use smoked paprika in quite a few recipes including Chilli con carne, paella and crispy baked chickpeas.
If you try my recipe tag me so I can see! @threelittlezees on Instagram and @lauraroseclubb on twitter!