Welcome to our second installment of our Outdoor Toy Review Series! With summer well under way – we thought we’d try out some outdoor toys and let you know our thoughts.
Now this one I am as excited as ever about as not only can these be used outdoors, they can be used indoors too! Great as we’ve had some extreme heat going on in England recently ( hope you’ve all managed to keep cool. )
If you have little ones, you are sure to have heard of Melissa and Doug who are a brand with some absolutely lovely childrens toys.
*DISCLAIMER – We were gifted these items to review. Thoughts and opinions are honest and my own*
First up we received the Let’s Explore Indoor/Outdoor Scavenger Hunt Play Set
- A scavenger hunt game with cards listing 160 items to find both indoors and outdoors
- Includes 80 double-sided item cards, 2 jumbo totes with see-through pockets to display cards, lots of room for collected items, and reusable ID tags, 10-minute timer, collectible medallion
- Cards with 160 fun things to find include game instructions and variations
- Suitable for ages 4+ (My girls are 5 and 7 and very much love it)
So the scavenger hunt is pretty simple yet so much fun. Pick 6 cards and pop them onto the front of the. bag, set the timer and off the kids go on their hunt. The girls loved going to find the items, running around the garden looking for things to pop into their bags. Bonus if they found everything before the time ran out! On one side of the cards (blue) is outdoor items and on the other side (green) are indoor items to find.
We had lots of giggles at some of the items they found, an outdoor solar light for a ‘something made of metal’ and a cuddly toy spider for ‘something brown’.
I love that this set can be used both indoors and outdoors, we can even take it on picnics as most of the outdoor items can be found so easily! I would really recommend this to keep the kids happy and entertained.
Next up we received the Water Wow! Under the Sea
- UNDERWATER-THEMED ACTIVITY BOOK: The Melissa & Doug On the Go Water Wow! Under the Sea Reusable Water-Reveal Activity Pad features reusable pages that come to life when wet.
- 4 REUSABLE WHITE PAGES: Our sea-creature coloring book with water pen for kids feature 4 reusable white pages that include simple line drawings when they are dry, then are filled with color when wet.
Now this says its suitable for ages 3-7 but we let our 18 month old use this with supervision as he’s already used something similar from his big sisters toy collections before. These are so great as all you need is water to fill the pen with! They can be used both indoors and outdoors, perfect for traveling too and I love that it can be used over and over again as it dries back to its original state. So much fun for the kids who all love to colour in and draw. They’ve even wet their hands and done some finger painting with these too.
These would make brilliant gifts for children, both easy to carry around and hours of fun. Check out our other outdoor toy reviews here. Thank you for reading and thank you to Melissa and Doug!